Thursday, November 13, 2014

My Joey

I lost one of my first babies yesterday. I got Joey 14 years ago....and he's been with me through some really tough times, always knowing when I need some extra love...climbing on top of me, nudging me with his head. He was my lap cat, the one who 'needed' to be on me if I was sitting down reading....completely content. He's been a little off, the past month or so, and it got to the point yesterday that I knew it was time to bring him....he had stopped purring, stopped demanding my attention, and had no interest in eating or drinking. He was peaceful when he went, wrapped in a blanket...cradled in my arms, looking at me. I will miss him so, so much. When I walk in my bedroom, I expect him to be sprawled out on the end of my bed, where you could always find him....my heart hurts, but I know he's no longer suffering. I love you Joey....


One of him last year....demanding attention...makes me smile, because this is how he was...


Last week...


We buried him right outside our side door. Joey wasn't big on being outside, but when he did go out, he would hang out right under the bird feeder, so I thought that would be the perfect place for him...


Rest in Peace sweet Jo Jo....thank you for being such a loving companion for 14 years...I will miss you so much.

2 comments:

barbara November 13, 2014 at 9:41 PM  

Beautiful tribute, love you.

Kristal November 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM  

It is so hard to loose a pet. I still get teary eyed thinking of the ones we've lost. Sounds like a wonderful kitty you had.

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 gorgeous little girls and one hunka chunka baby boy! Photography is a passion of mine, and I'm always practicing and experimenting on my babies, and other kids I can get my hands on!

Blog Archive

Followers

'Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.'
-Aaron Siskind

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP