Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another surgery....

Lexi's been recovering from her surgery last week, slowly and its been rough. Yesterday afternoon, she was taking a little nap, and woke up sobbing. I asked her repeatedly 'whats wrong', and she kept saying 'its nothing, its nothing', and then suddenly, blood started pouring out of her mouth. I rushed her to the ER, per her surgeon's orders, and they took us up to the Operating room right away. Lexi had developed a blood clot in her throat, and they needed to take care of it right away. We ended up needing to stay overnight in the hospital, after her surgery.....and she did wonderfully. She was very brave and strong, and I'm so proud of her. Keith brought me my camera in the morning, so I had to get a few pictures, of course.



She was happy to see that her bandage on her hand was a hot pink color, the same as her cast that she had earlier in the year....


Lexi was MUCH happier once we were able to go to the 'Children's room' at the hospital, so she could sit on the sofa and watch movies, while Olivia tore the room apart....


Lexi was drinking alot, as the nurse told her she would not be able to go home if she was not hydrating. And now we are home, Lexi is resting alot, and looking forward to going to school next week. Hopefully we are on the mend, and that everything heals smoothly from here on in.

1 comments:

Anonymous August 30, 2007 at 10:03 AM  

that poor little duck... :9 she's been through so much. Give her big hugs and smooches for me.

Laura

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 gorgeous little girls and one hunka chunka baby boy! Photography is a passion of mine, and I'm always practicing and experimenting on my babies, and other kids I can get my hands on!

Blog Archive

Followers

'Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.'
-Aaron Siskind

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP