Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Allergy

Olivia had her asthma/allergy appointment today. Her breathing has gotten better...I thought it was cleared up 100%, but her bronchial tubes are still swollen, so we are to continue with her flovent inhaler. They did some allergy testing to determine if its an allergy induced asthma. 
Olivia was very brave with the 50 pricks on her back...
And there it is....when I saw that spot growing on her back (and getting itchier and itchier for her), I was sure it was going to be pollen or mold or dust mites, or something along that line...turns out her only allergy is to COCKROACHES. Haha...I laughed...cockroaches?? Seriously?
And then they did 6 arm injections....testing cats, dogs, dust mites...and something else....that part was NOT fun...as they used  needles to inject the allergen under the skin, and there were some tears...
...but the tears didn't last long, she was giggly shortly after.
So...after all that, we are VERY happy she is not allergic to cats, dogs, or ferrets, and its been determined that her asthma is not allergy induced, as we are not exposed to very many cockroaches, lol!

2 comments:

Kristal July 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM  

Oh poor brave girl... hope she got a treat for having to go through that!

Cockroaches... weird!

barbara July 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM  

I am so proud of how brave she was thru all that nasty testing.

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 gorgeous little girls and one hunka chunka baby boy! Photography is a passion of mine, and I'm always practicing and experimenting on my babies, and other kids I can get my hands on!

Blog Archive

Followers

'Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.'
-Aaron Siskind

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP